When we think about a fashion modern living room the first thought pops up in our head is a sofa and when we say the word ‘modern,’ a contemporary leather sofa is what comes to our mind. The leather sofa is fancy and comfy, but it’s hard to take care. Well, don’t panic now I will tell you the easiest way to clean your leather sofa which inexpensive and can be found in your house.
Leather sofa often smells bad and get dirty fast. Make sure you vacuum your sofa every day because any little dust can get in the corner of the couch and make it smell bad. Cleaning leather sofa is expensive.
There is thousands of detergent to clean your sofa with, but they cost a lot of money too. Well, I am going to tell you the secret to clean your leather sofa in no outside cost.
Routine Cleaning procedure: you should clean your leather couch on a regular, basis to increase its life span and make it look new all the time. You can at least clean it once a week.
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt, debris or dust from your couch. You can also use a soft brush for this if you don’t have a vacuum cleaner.
For Routine Cleaning what to do?
- For regular cleaning, you can only use a soft brush or vacuum cleaner and use it from top to bottom direction.
- Take a thin piece of clean cloth and wipe your couch with water.
- Don’t make your leather couch wet.
How to Make the Smell go Away?
- Mix vinegar and lemon juice together then and wipe your sofa with a soft cloth.
- Then wipe the couch with water
- Make sure you perform this at least three times a month to make the bad smell go away from your leather sofa
How to Clean of Stain?
For mold or mildew:
- As vinegar is a mild disinfectant, you can use a mixture of vinegar and fresh water to remove mold and mildew from your couch. However, don’t make your sofa wet while using any liquid mixture.
For Enduring Marker Stains:
- Permanent marker stains can also be eliminated by applying an aerosol hairspray on the stains.
- If your kid has scribbled on the couch with a ballpoint pen or marker, then try wiping it off with eucalyptus oil. Rubbing alcohol can also remove ink stains.
- Wipe the stain with some cotton that would be all. However, for better and safer option try to use leather wipes or foam leather cleaner.
For Dark Stains:
- Make a paste by using lemon juice and cream of tartar for dark stains.
- Gently wipe over the dark stains with a soft cloth and wait for about 10 minutes.
- After that use the paste again on the affected area and wipe the area with a damp sponge.
For Oil Stains:
- drop a few baking soda on the affected area and
- Leave it for few hours
- Then Dust it off with a soft brush.
- Baking soda is very effective for oil stains
Some Additional Tips:
- Try to clean any spills immediately otherwise; it can leave spots.
- Sunlight can dry and discolor leather. So, try to keep your leather couch away from sunlight
- Use a plastic cover if you are out of your home for some days.
- For a better looking and durable leather couch try to clean it on a regular or weekly basis.
- For stubborn spots or stains, I recommend you to call an expert. Otherwise, you can even make it worse than before.
Remember, a leather couch is very expensive. If you don’t care it properly, it can’t last long. But doesn’t mean you have to avoid using leather couch! Leather couch looks awesome and smart.
So, if you desire to use it, you have to take some extra care. Don’t panic! Those cleaning task can’t take much time or effort. Enjoy having tea on your nice and clean leather couch and watch the upcoming El Clásico.
Have fun just make sure you don’t spill tea again! Enjoy!
Video Graphic Info:
HOW TO CLEAN A LEATHER SOFA
You May like to Read:
- Best Sofa Beds Reviews
- Best Apartment Sofas
- How to Choose a Rocking Chair
- Essential Carpet Cleaning tips
- How to Choose The Right Sofa